Sunday, June 22, 2008

Soldered Pendants

Soldering pendants is one of my go-to crafts. I picked up a soldering iron just over a year ago and although I've singed hair, burned finger tips, and ruined favorite pairs of jeans that I got on sale and will never find a pair as cute so long as I live, I have come out of it with some wonderful pieces of jewelry.

Here is one I finished his weekend (I'm a HUGE Costello fan!):


A mini-collection of some of my first pieces. You can see how poorly done the edges appear. My results have started to look much better since I discovered the importance of flux when it comes to soldering:


Bird pendant:


I found these fab Loteria cards while thrift shopping and decided they'd make an awesome reversible pendant:


A scrabble pendant with flower rub-ons:


Here's a great tutorials for soldering with slides: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=39105.0;topicseen

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

R Thomas said...

the scrabble tile is genius